Planning and Approval
As a land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant institution, Mānoa creates, refines, disseminates, and perpetuates human knowledge, offering a comprehensive array of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees through the doctoral level. [Mānoa Strategic Plan, 2011-2015]
In support of our mission, the OVCAA encourages and facilitates the planning and approval of new courses and academic programs, and works with departments with programs and courses deemed out-of-date or nonproductive by facilitating the admission stop-out, and course and program termination processes. These procedures are governed by Board of Regents, Executive, and UH Mānoa policies.
For more information on specific actions, please select the appropriate link.
Related Links and Procedures
- Academic Affairs Policies
- Concurrent Undergraduate Degrees Policy
- Plus and Minus Grading Policy
- Second Baccalaureate Degree
- Transfer Credit Policy
- Mandatory Undergraduate Academic Advising and Declaration of Major
- Hawaiian/Second Language Requirement Waivers
- Approval of Distance Delivered Program
- Online Submission of Grades
- Recruiting Process for Campus Visits of Prospective Student-Athletes
- Authorization to Plan an Academic Program at Mānoa
- UHM-1 Form - Add a Course of Study. For additional information see Guidelines.
- UHM-2 Form - Modify or Delete a Course of Study. For additional information see Guidelines.
- UHM-3 Form - UHM Concurrent Undergraduate Degree Application
- UHM-4 Form - Completion of Undergraduate Academic Subject Certificate