9am - 5pm
2nd Floor Ballroom
Open to all, f.808 Photo Hawai‘i brings together some of the best photographers who live and work in Hawaii for an exchange of ideas, expertise, and resources. This one day festival, the first of its kind in Hawai‘i, is designed to inspire and educate community members about art, photography, and technology. Vendor displays and demos will highlight equipment solutions and new products.
As a continuing effort to support photography in Hawaii, Pacific New Media will present its first Lifetime Achievement Award to a Hawaii-based photographer.
Keynote Presentations: Franco Salmoiraghi and Zak Noyle
Franco Salmoiraghi will receive the first PNM Lifetime Achievement Award for his many decades of tireless commitment, inspiring work, and outstanding service to the Hawai‘i community.
A staff photographer for Surfer Magazine, Zak Noyle has been sent on assignment at the last minute to cover the swell in Indonesia and is unable to attend f808 in person. Ric Noyle, Zak’s father, presents Zak’s recent work and a video on Zak created by Red Bull.
– The Changing Face of Photojournalism and Documentary Photography
– New Directions and New Talent
– Photo Editing for Publication
– In the Water
– Lifestyle: Fashion and Portrait
– Intersections: Mobile technology, Social media, and the Photograph
– Professional Practices for Commercial, Editorial, and Art Photography
Shorts A series of brief slide presentations by individual photographers