How to Apply
Osher Applications are processed through the Online STAR Scholarship system.
To find the Osher Re-Entry Scholarship Application:
At the STAR Scholarship homepage:
Click on Keyword Search
A complete online scholarship application must contain:
- Completed online Osher Reentry Scholarship Application;
- Upload to online application your Personal Statement (4 pages -1000 words maximum) addressing your educational gap, your decision to return to (or enroll in) college and your current educational goals;
- Upload to online application your Financial Need Statement (1 paragraph) addressing your financial need for this scholarship. This is the place to give a more detailed picture of your financial need than FAFSA offers.
These additional items can be UPLOADED in the online application or POSTMARKED by February 17, 2017:
- One letter of recommendation from someone (not a friend or relative) who can address your motivation to attend or return to college and ability to succeed.
The online application will allow you to provide an email address for your recommender. A email will then be sent to your recommender instructing them on how to submit a letter of recommendation via STAR. Allow your recommender enough time to respond by submitting your application before the final deadline, otherwise recommender will only have 3 calendar days to respond.
Recommendation letters can also be sent separately or included with your application if sealed & signed across the seal.
- Unofficial copy of transcripts from all college(s) attended, including UH-Manoa. Unofficial transcripts are available from MyUH. Login to MyUH, click "STAR Degree Check/View Transcripts. Select "All Campus and Degree levels" and download both "Campus Transcripts By Semester" & "Campus Transfer Transcripts by Semester".
- If you have not attended a college or university before, it is noted on the application.
- Copy of your 2017-18 FAFSA Estimated EFC (Expected Family Contribution). (Visit the FAFSA website for further information.) Your FAFSA Confirmation Page & Student Aid Report (SAR) both have the EFC. Priority consideration will be given to applicants filing FAFSA.
Write your name on every page submitted (upper right hand corner).
MAIL: All Supplementary Materials can be UPLOADED in the online application,
or POSTMARKED by February 17, 2017 to:
OSHER REENTRY SCHOLARSHIP
c/o: Bridge to Hope
University of Hawaii - Manoa
2600 Campus Road QLC#211
Honolulu, HI 96822