How to Apply
Osher Applications are processed through the Online STAR Scholarship system.
To find the Osher Re-Entry Scholarship Application:
At the STAR Scholarship homepage:
Click on Keyword Search
A complete online scholarship application must contain:
- Completed online Osher Reentry Scholarship Application;
- Upload to online application your Personal Statement (4 pages -1000 words maximum) addressing your educational gap, your decision to return to (or enroll in) college and your current educational goals;
- Upload to online application your Financial Need Statement (1 paragraph) addressing your financial need for this scholarship. This is the place to give a more detailed picture of your financial need than FAFSA offers.
These additional items must be POSTMARKED by Feb 16, 2015:
- One letter of recommendation from someone (not a friend or relative) who can address your motivation to attend or return to college and ability to succeed. (Can be sent separately or included with your application if sealed & signed across the seal).
- Unofficial copy of transcripts from all college(s) attended, including UH-Manoa.
Unofficial transcripts are available from MyUH. Login to MyUH, click "STAR Degree Check/View Transcripts. Select "All Campus and Degree levels" and download both "Campus Transcripts By Semester" & "Campus Transfer Transcripts by Semester".
- If you have not attended a college or university before, it is noted on the application.
- Copy of your 2015-16 FAFSA Estimated EFC (Expected Family Contribution). (Visit the FAFSA website for further information.) Your FAFSA Confirmation Page & Student Aid Report (SAR) both have the EFC. Priority consideration will be given to applicants filing FAFSA.
Write your name on every page submitted (upper right hand corner).
MAIL: All Supplementary Materials POSTMARKED by February 16, 2015 to:
OSHER REENTRY SCHOLARSHIP
c/o: Bridge to Hope
University of Hawaii - Manoa
2600 Campus Road QLC#211
Honolulu, HI 96822