Search committee named for UH Manoa Athletics Director positionUniversity of Hawaiʻi
The members of the search committee for the Director of Athletics at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa were announced today by Mānoa Chancellor Virginia S. Hinshaw.
"The committee will recommend the best possible candidate to serve as our Director of Athletics. The Director must be a demonstrated leader with significant administrative experience in athletics, who appreciates the special connection between UH athletics and the people of Hawai‘i, and who will advance both our athletic and academic excellence," said Chancellor Hinshaw. The appointment is subject to approval by the Board of Regents.
"The members of the search committee were chosen for their understanding of the relationship between UH athletics and our community and the needs of a Division I athletics program," she said.
Chancellor Hinshaw will chair the committee.
Other members are:
· Debra Ishii, Executive Assistant to the Chancellor, UH-Manoa
· Mitchell Kaaialii, Assistant Vice President and Business Banking Officer, First Hawaiian Bank
· Dee Jay Mailer, Chief Executive Officer, Kamehameha Schools
· Don Murphy, Owner, Murphy's Bar & Grill
· Peter Nicholson, Professor and Faculty Athletics Representative, UH-Mānoa
· Dave Shoji, Head Volleyball Coach, UH-Manoa
· Christina Stidman, President, Associated Students of the University of Hawaiʻi
· John K. Tsui, Chair of Towne Realty Development and former President and Chief Operating Officer of First Hawaiian Bank
The committee will meet next week. The current advertisement for the position of Director of Athletics can be found at http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/zoom_job.php?8959.
For more information, visit: http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/zoom_job.php?8959