Grammar, Usage, Style
University of Illinois Writer's Workshop. Information for students and teachers:
- writing guides & help (grammar, bibliography styles, writing process handbooks)
- resources for teachers
- resources for ESL students
- resources for teachers who have second-language speakers in their classroom
Purdue On-Line Writing Lab. From this page you can access:
- Over 130 handouts on writing and grammar.
- Resources for teachers in all disciplines.
- handouts on everything from how to write an abstract or lab report to how to use gender-fair language
- online dictionary, thesaurus, and other reference tools
- links to other writing centers.
Dartmouth College's Composition Center-Student Resources. A good introduction on how to write an academic paper and how to write in the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Guide to Grammar & Style by Jack Lynch. Great resource explaining language usage and common problems.
Common Errors in English by Paul Brians. Explains how to use words that are often misused and has information on usage and common problems (scroll down for link to the list of errors).
Strunk's Elements of Style. An on-line writer's handbook.
The Writer's Resource Center is a list of links for all writers. Whether a beginning writer or an experienced writer interested in getting published, you will find a helpful link at this site.