Graduate Certificate (15 credits)
The Multilingual Multicultural Professional Practice (MMPP) is an interdisciplinary Graduate Certificate that aims to educate and train graduate students from various disciplines to exemplify multilingual multicultural awareness and understanding in their professional practices, and in collaboration with professionals from other disciplines.
Outcomes (all with an emphasis in Hawaiʻi):
- Develop an understanding of how to work with multilingual and multicultural communities and individuals to support a flourishing, sustainable, multilingual, and multicultural society.
- Develop an understanding of the multilingual and multicultural educational context.
- Identify problems and needs across disciplines, professions, and orientations, and develop solutions and programs.
- To prepare professionals to effectively work with multilingual and multicultural populations.
- 2 required core courses (introduction and capstone courses)
- 3 professional track courses