Skip to main content

London Contemporary Dance School

London Contemporary Dance School




Open to undergraduate Dance majors only.

  • Academic areas at LCDS: Students at London Contemporary Dance School study contemporary dance together with ballet, choreography and other supporting subjects.
  • Explore Academics at LCDS


Yes - English is the language of instruction at LCDS, and in the United Kingdom in general.


Fall Semester Early September - mid December
Spring Semester Early January - May
Students may study at LCDS for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.


Arrange your own housing
LCDS does not operate any housing of its own, but does have mechanisms in place to ensure that students will be able to secure housing. There is a number of private residence hall operators in London, and the LCDS Office of Student Support Services can offer recommendations.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.        

  • Books & Supplies: $200
  • Housing & Meals: $6,000
  • Personal Expenses: $2,000
  • Local Transportation: $600
  • Round-trip airfare (from Hawaii): $2,200
  • Health Insurance: $600
  • Visa Expenses: $520

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX 


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

United Kingdom: Exchange students going to the UK for one semester may apply for a Student Visitor Visa or a Tier IV Student Visa. It is easier and more affordable to obtain a Student Visitor Visa, but that type of visa has a maximum duration of 6 months, and students are not allowed to work from abroad. Students going on a yearlong exchange must apply for a Tier IV Student Visa.










Interactive MIX Map