Skip to main content

Universidad Viña del Mar

Universidad Vina del Mar


Viña del Mar, CHILE

  • UVM has a modern campus located in the upper area of the city. The campus lies on 20 acres of land and has state-of-the-art technology and infrastructure.


Open to undergraduate students in all majors, who have intermediate or advanced proficiency in Spanish.

  • Academic areas at UVM: Architecture & Design, Agricultural Sciences, Health Sciences, Law, Veterinary Science, Communications, Education, Engineering, and Business.
  • Exchange students take regular UVM courses taught in Spanish. Supplemental Spanish language courses for exchange students are offered; please note that there may be additional fees for these courses.
  • Service Learning and Internship Opportunities are available at UVM
  • Explore Academics at UVM


No - Courses taught in English are NOT open to reciprocal exchange students. They are for fee-paying study abroad students only. Exchange students enroll in regular university courses taught in Spanish.


Fall Semester August - November
Spring Semester March - June (optional Intensive Language Program in January)
Students may study at UVM for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.


Arrange your own housing
Students may arrange their own off-campus housing in boarding houses or apartments.
Off campus homestay accommodations are available. The total cost of staying with a host family is US$3,000, which includes a private room, 3 meals/day, and laundry. Students pay for their host family in a lump sum during the UVM Orientation.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.    

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX 


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Chile: Appling for a Student Visa to Chile prior to departure is a lengthy process, and you will need to be very organized and attentive to detail in the process. You must check with the relevant Chilean Embassy for the most updated requirements for a student visa to Chile. In some cases, students may enter Chile as tourists, and then apply for a student visa after arrival (please contact MIX to discuss this option).

Chilean Consulate in Honolulu
2240 Kuhio Avenue, Ph 3804
Honolulu, HI

Consul - Gladys Vernoy, (808) 561-1772

Note: Students with this visa are not allowed to work while in Chile. Student visas are valid for a maximum of one year and may be renewed in Chile.










Interactive MIX Map