skip to Main Content

Academic Planning

Before you depart for your MIX program, it is required that you meet with your UHM Academic Advisor(s) to discuss how the transfer credits you earn on MIX can be applied towards your major and minor degree requirements. Unless your department has their own petition form that they would like you to use OR has a list of pre-approved courses that you plan to take all of your classes from, you should use the MIX Learning Agreement. to get your courses pre-approved before your program starts.

Please note that this form will likely require you to look through course lists online (on the MIX Partner University’s website, not the MIX website) and to gather syllabi for the courses you’re interested in taking. MIX can help students to find syllabi if any difficulties arise in finding syllabi for specific courses.

There is no deadline for us to receive the MIX Learning Agreement and Course Approval Form by, but it is in your best interest to submit this form to your Academic Advisor(s) as soon as you receive your nomination from MIX. The earlier you submit the form, the more time your Academic Advisors will have to work with their department to approve your courses. If you wait until it is too late, you may risk having to register for courses at your MIX Partner University without having a clear idea of how these courses will transfer back to UHM and what degree requirements they may or may not fulfill. It is your responsibility to make sure you start this process on time.

For questions about the course approval process, course equivalencies, or obtaining syllabi from partner universities, please contact

Back To Top