- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- Contact Us
Linda Rudoy Memorial Spanish Scholarship
Linda Rudoy (BA, 1983 / MA, 1986; University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa) studied and taught Spanish at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa for nearly twenty years. In her time at UHM Linda Rudoy touched hundreds of lives while teaching in the Spanish program. She will always be remembered for her gracious manner both in and outside of the classroom and for sharing her passion for the language and cultures of Spain and Latin America with her students. She was truly beloved by her students and colleagues alike.
As a tribute to her excellence in and dedication to teaching, the Linda Rudoy Memorial Spanish Scholarship has been created with the generous support of the Rudoy family. We are proud to continue her legacy through this scholarship designed to provide financial support to one or more outstanding UHM Spanish majors each year.
Learn how to donate to the Linda Rudoy Memorial Scholariship
Previous recipients of the Linda Rudoy Memorial Spanish Scholarship
Alicia Saxe – Abigail Barker – Mariko Shimizu – Anna Sachs – Earl Higa – Ariel Nault
Application criteria and Instructions
- Be a declared Spanish major at UHM
- Be a full-time continuing student (12 credits or more)
- Minimum of 12 upper-division Spanish credits (300-400 levels) at UHM
- Minimum GPA: 3.5 in Spanish; 3.0 overall
- Up-to-date UHM transcript
- Two letters of support from members of the Spanish Division faculty (sent via email to the address below)
- Approved uses of the money: tuition, books, overseas study approved by Spanish Division
- One document (pdf) including: (1) Your information (Name, UH ID #, Major, GPA in Spanish and overall, upper-division Spanish courses that you are taking/have completed; (2) Essay written IN SPANISH (300-500 words): explain why you deserve the scholarship and how you plan to use the funds; (3) Résumé of education, overseas experiences, extracurricular activities, honors, etc.
Selection committee: Members of the current UHM Spanish faculty
Submit the document as an attachment to the Spanish Undergraduate Advisor, Prof. Benito Quintana (firstname.lastname@example.org)