- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- Contact Us
Student Conduct Code
The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa exists for the pursuit of knowledge through teaching, learning, and research conducted in an atmosphere of physical and intellectual freedom. Moreover, members of the UH academic community are committed to engage in teaching, learning, research, and community service and to assist one another in the creation and maintenance of an environment which supports these activities. It is therefore the policy of the University that members of the academic community may not violate the rights of one another nor disrupt the basic activities of the institution (as provided in section 1-4, chapter 1 of the Board of Regents’ Bylaws and Policies [Part D]). Students who are disruptive are, consequently, subject to a variety of academically related penalties which may include reprimand, probation, restitution, suspension or expulsion. Read more…
UH Study Abroad Program
National Student Exchange Program
The NSE program provides an excellent opportunity for full-time undergraduate students enrolled at any of the 190 participating campuses across the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, to access a diverse education through an academic exchange to another participating campus. Visit their website
Sigma Delta Pi -Theta Tau Chapter
Spanish speakers in Hawai‘i
- Centro Hispano de Hawai‘i
- Hawai‘i Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Spanish searching tools
On-line teaching/learning materials
- Virtual classroom from Instituto Cervantes. Exercises, puzzles, interesting actrivities.
- Spanish language page. Several tools for teachers.
- Links to interactive exercises
- “El rincón del profe” presents several activities and the possibility of chatting with other language teachers.
- The class needs to be registered. It provides tools to create puzzles, quizzes, exercises,…
- Hotpotates is a tool to create exercises and on-line quizzes
- 3D interactive exercise to practice directions.
- For Spanish literature students, interactive exercises to practice poetry criticism.
- Spanish Language and Culture by Barbara Kuczun Nelson. Interactive exercises. Grammar exercises based on cultural texts, songs, … Includes pictures, audio, and interactive exercises. http://www.colby.edu/~bknelson/SLC/index.php
- Ejercicios multimedia. A variety of exercises. Audio, songs, video. Includes many commercials and cultural videos developed into good interactional exercises.
- Prensalatina provee enlaces a periódicos y revistas en español y de otros países del mundo, todos disponibles en internet.
- Lisa Johnson’s page at Sweet Briar College which includes links to live internet radio transmission all over the Spanish speaking world.