It is strongly recommended that all Spanish language students study overseas during the summer in a UH Mānoa Spanish Language Immersion program. Students taking Spanish 201 and Spanish 202 may complete their HSL requirement abroad. Spanish Certificate students and Spanish Majors (BA) are strongly encouraged as well to apply to earn 6 credits of advanced Spanish (300+).
Recent Spanish Immersion programs have been at universities in Costa Rica (San José) and in Spain (Alicante and Salamanca).
For summer 2020 we are once again promoting a language immersion program in Alicante, Spain.
The program includes:
- Homestay w/ 3 meals a day & laundry service
- 90 hours of coursework & all materials
- 6 UHM credits of Spanish language and or culture
- Access to all U of Alicante campus facilities & free Wifi (some fees may apply)
- Cultural activities & language exchange with local students
- Two Weekend excursions included (Granada, and Madrid and Toledo) others available at additional charge
- Welcome reception & farewell dinner
- City excursions
- Pre-departure placement exam to determine correct class level in Spain
- much more!
Approx: Cost: $4,700.00 (not including airfare)
Arrival in Alicante – June 27
Classes start June 29
Cultural trip to Granada – First weekend (July 4-5)
Cultural trip to Toledo & Aranjuez – Second weekend (July 11-12)
Last day of classes – July 24
Application deadline February 18th (Click here for Application.)
For more information or questions contact Dr. Laura O’Rourke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Go here to apply to The Alwine & Jesse Doyle European Language Study Abroad Scholarship. The ASUH also offers a study abroad scholarship and you can find out about it by going here. Other funding opportunities can be found at the SAC site.