- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- AGC in SLS/Spanish Applied Linguistics
- Language Immersion Programs
- Contact Us
Language Immersion Programs
It is strongly recommended that all Spanish language students study overseas during the summer in a UH Mānoa Spanish Language Immersion program. Students taking Spanish 201 and Spanish 202 may complete their HSL requirement abroad. Spanish Certificate students and Spanish Majors (BA) are strongly encouraged as well to apply to earn 6 credits of advanced Spanish (300+).
Recent Spanish Immersion programs have been at universities in Costa Rica (San José) and in Spain (Alicante and Salamanca).
For summer 2018 we are once again promoting a language immersion program in Alicante, Spain. The program will run from June 30th, to July 28th, 2018 (classes begin on July 2nd).
The program includes:
- Homestay w/ 3 meals a day & laundry service
- 90 hours of coursework & all materials
- 6 UHM credits of Spanish language and or culture
- Access to all U of Alicante campus facilities & free Wifi
- Cultural activities & language exchange with local students
- Two Weekend excursions included (Granada and Madrid-Toledo) others available at additional charge
- Welcome reception & farewell dinner
- City excursions
- Pre-departure placement exam to determine correct class level in Spain
Cost: $4695 (not including airfare)
Application deadline February 16th
For more information or questions contact Dr. Benito Quintana (email@example.com)
Go here to apply to The Alwine & Jesse Doyle European Language Study Abroad Scholarship. The ASUH also offers a study abroad scholarship and you can find out about it by going here. Other funding opportunities can be found at the SAC site.