- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- AGC in SLS/Spanish Applied Linguistics
- Language Immersion Programs
- Contact Us
Lecturer of Russian
1890 East-West Rd | 489 Moore Hall | Honolulu, HI 96822
Personal pages: academia.edu
Office hours Fall 2017: MWF 11:30 – 11.20 and by appointment
Ph.D., in progress, Slavic and Film Studies, University of Pittsburgh, expected 2018
M.A., Slavic Languages and Literatures, University of Pittsburgh, 2013
M.A., Cultural Studies, Russian State University for the Humanities, Moscow, Russia, 2001
B.A., Summa Cum Laude, Russian and Bulgarian Languages and Literatures, Teaching Russian for Foreign Students. Samara Academy for the Humanities, Samara, Russia, 1997
Oral Proficiency Interview – Full Certification, Russian Language, American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, 2015
Teaching Certificate, Russian as a Foreign Language, Moscow State University, 2010
TEACHING at UH Manoa
- RUSS 201 Intermediate Russian
- RUSS 209 Russian Phonetics
- RUSS 303 Advanced Russian
- RUSS 311 Cinema for Russian Conversation
- Empire and Post-colonial Theory
- Contemporary Russian Film
- Star and Celebrity Studies
- Women in Cinema
- Russian iconography
- “Renata Litvinova’s star persona.” Studies in Russian and Soviet Cinema 11(2017): 20-37.
- “The Death of Anna Karenina: Light and an Extinguished Candle.” Studies in Slavic Cultures XIII: Short Form. Pittsburgh. May, 2017.
- “Renata Litvinova’s Last Cigarette: the Gesture of Smoking as a Cinematic Device and Anti-Imperial Strategy.” Film, Media and Digital Cultures of Central and Eastern Europe. Forthcoming in January 2018.
- “Auterism and the State.” Book chapter. Forthcoming in December 2018.
- Dir. Renata Litvinova, Aksinia Gog, Avdot’ia Smirnova, and others: Saint Petersburg. Only for Love . KinoKultura 57 (2017).
- Dir. Roman Prygunov: Dukhless 2 . KinoKultura 50 (2015).
- Dir. Aleksei Mizgirev: The Duelist [Dueliant], Russia, 2016. Russian Film Symposium 2017 “White Elephant.”
- Dir. Vasiliyi Sigarev: The Land of Oz [Strana Oz], Russia, 2015. Russian Film Symposium 2016 “Recycle, Restage, Rewind.”
- Dir. Nataliia Meshchaninova: The Hope Factory [Kombinat Nadezhda], Russia, 2013/2014. Russian Film Symposium 2015 “Red Empire Reloaded.”
- Dir. Ivan Vyrypaev: Delhi Dance [Tanets Deli]. Russia, 2012. Russian Film Symposium 2014 “Gendering Genre.”
- Dir. Roman Prygunov: Soulless [Dukhless]. Russia, 2012. Russian Film Symposium 2013 “Re-Imagining Class: Recent Russian Cinema.”