- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- Contact Us
Assistant Professor of Russian
1890 East-West Rd
457 Moore Hall
Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: (808) 956-4181
Fax: (808) 956-9536
Personal page: https://manoa-hawaii.academia.edu/AnastasiaKostetskaya
- PhD in Russian Literature and Culture, The Ohio State University, 2013
- MA in Russian Linguistics, The Ohio State University, 2009
- Kandidat Nauk in Theory of Language, Volgograd State Pedagogical University, 2001
Russian language at all levels
Russian Literature and Culture:
- Masterpieces of the nineteenth century Russian Literature
- Russian Film
- Introduction to Russian Culture before 1917
- 1000 Years of Russian Culture
- Russian Contemporary Culture
- Wonder Tales of Russia
- Conceptual Metaphor and Blending Theories
- Water as metaphor for human domain in the arts (poetry, painting and film) of Russian Symbolism
- Stalingrad discourse in Russian and German film
- The Water of Life and the Life of Water: The Metaphor of World Liquescence in the Poetry, Painting and Film of the Russian Silver Age. 2013.
- Социолингвистические характеристики образованной молодежи Великобритании и США. Волгоград «Перемена», 2001. Print.
- “A Woman in Nature/ A WOMAN IS NATURE: the Eternal Feminine as a Conceptual Blend of Human and Water Ontologies in Russian Symbolist Poetics.” Forthcoming in “Meanings and Values of Water in a Russian Context.” Autumn 2014.
- “Khlebnikov vs. Maiakovskii: a Budetlyanin and a Futurist in the Mirror of Their Verbal Painting.” Online Journal of Experimental Poetics and Esthetics. 1 (2011). Web.
- “Crime is in the Eye of the Beholder: Petr Petrovich Luzhin as a Distorting “Puddle-Mirror” in Dostoevsky’s Crime and Punishment.” Names. 58.4 (2010): 231-241. Print.
Articles under revision:
- “Russian Symbolism in Flux: Emotional Fluidity Across Media, Genre and Realities.”
- “Romanticizing Cruelty: Pushkin’s “The Oprichnik” as a Romantic Fragment of a Historic Tragedy.”