- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- AGC in SLS/Spanish Applied Linguistics
- Language Immersion Programs
- Contact Us
Language Program Coordinator
German Club Co-Organizer
1890 East-West Road
Moore Hall 458
Honolulu HI 96822
Phone: (808) 956-4167
Fax: (808) 956-9536
- M.A. University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa. 2003.
- M.A. Maria Curie-Sklodowska University of Lublin, Poland, 1999.
- German 101, 102 – Elementary German
- German 201, 202 – Intermediate German
- German 303 – Reading and Writing / WI – writing intensive focus
- German 361 – German Civilization
- German 362 – Modern German Civilization / O – oral proficiency focus
- Goethe-Institut Scholarship in Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- DAAD Research Scholarship in Paderborn, Germany, 1998.
- DAAD Scholarship in Berlin, Germany, 1997.
- Honorary Member: Delta Phi Alpha, National German Honorary Society.
My teaching philosophy is based on creating and maintaining a learning environment in which students feel supported and motivated to learn. I employ a student-centered approach, using a variety of interactive activities to foster communication skills, while simultaneously developing reading and writing abilities. I prepare my lessons carefully, making an effort to go beyond the text book. I emphasize the cultural aspect of language and encourage creative expression via activities such as role-plays and writing poems.
In teaching evaluations, students highlighted the following qualities:
- true passion for teaching;
- competent, knowledgeable and well-organized;
- innovative teaching methods;
- informative, interactive and presents materials in fun way;
- forms strong bond with students;
- shows a genuine concern for students well-being and their academic success;
- fosters comfortable, encouraging environment in the class; and
- positive, patient, fair, caring, flexible, excellent social and communication skills.