- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- AGC in SLS /Spanish Applied Linguistics
- FAQs/ RESOURCES / SCHOLARSHIPS / STUDY ABROAD
- Contact Us
1890 East-West Rd.
Moore Hall 459
Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone (808) 956-4183
Fax (808) 956-9536
- B.A., Reed College (Classics)
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania (Classical Studies)
Honors, Awards & Fellowships
- Penn Prize for Excellence in Teaching by Graduate Students, UPenn, 2007
- Dean’s Scholar, School of Arts and Sciences, UPenn, 2006
- Fulbright Scholar, Banaras Hindu University (Varanasi, India), 2002-2003
- Phi Beta Kappa, Reed College, 2002
- Greek and Latin literature, intellectual history, magic and divination
- Artemidorus’ Oneirocritica: Text, Translation, and Commentary. Oxford: Oxford University Press (2012). Reviewed in Times Literary Supplement (Mar. 8, 2013).
- ‘Artemidorus’ Oneirocritica as Fragmentary Encyclopedia’ in J. König and G. Woolf (eds.) Encyclopaedism from Antiquity to the Renaissance. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (2013): 154-77.
- “On the Chance”: An Allusion to Vergil’s Aeneid in Kenneth Grahame’s The Wind in the Willows,’ Classical World 106.1 (2012): 91-5.
- ‘Artemidorus’ Identities in the Preface to the Oneirocritica,’ Classical Journal 106.4 (2011): 423-44.
- ‘The Metaphors and Meanings of Travel in Artemidorus’ Dream Book,’ New England Classical Journal (May 2009): 83-104.
- Review of J. König and T. Whitmarsh, eds., Ordering Knowledge in the Roman Empire, Bryn Mawr Classical Review (2008.10.39).