- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- AGC in SLS /Spanish Applied Linguistics
- FAQs/ RESOURCES / SCHOLARSHIPS / STUDY ABROAD
- Contact Us
Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange For Young Professionals
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) for Young Professionals is a full-year work-study fellowship program with a strong focus on cultural exchange. CBYX annually provides 75 young Americans with an understanding of everyday life, education, and professional training in Germany. The program begins in July and includes two months of intensive German language training in Germany (no prior German language knowledge required), four months of classroom instruction at a German university or college of applied sciences, and a five-month internship in each participant’s career field.
The CBYX for Young Professionals program is intended primarily for young adults in business, vocational, scientific, engineering, technical, and agricultural fields, though applicants from all fields are encouraged to apply. Participants actively participate in securing their internship positions with assistance from our partner organization in Germany, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, and are expected to cover incidental expenses as well as represent the U.S. diplomatically while abroad.
- Full-year scholarship including round-trip transatlantic flight, university tuition, language training, living stipend, and program-related travel costs in Germany
- Health and accident insurance
- Two-months German language training in Germany
- Four months of study at a German university or university of applied sciences
- Five-month internship in a German-speaking work environment
- Accommodation in a German home or student residence
The CBYX for Young Professionals program is intended primarily for young adults in business, technical, vocational, and agricultural fields, though applicants from all fields are encouraged to apply.
Candidates for CBYX must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- 18-24 years old at the beginning of the program
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Completed general coursework in target internship field at a community college, college, or university
- Completed some relevant work experience (short-term, volunteer, or internship) in target internship field
- German language proficiency is preferred, but is not required
- Ideal candidates have clear career goals, good communication skills, and exhibit flexibility and diplomacy.
For more information: http://www.cdsintl.org/fellowshipsabroad/cbyx.php