- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- AGC in SLS /Spanish Applied Linguistics
- FAQs/ RESOURCES / SCHOLARSHIPS / STUDY ABROAD
- Contact Us
Internship Program in Germany
The Summer Internship Program in Germany provides an excellent opportunity for students to gain valuable international work skills, improve their German language ability, and experience German life and culture firsthand. Internship placements are available in a variety of fields, including, but not limited to business, engineering, finance, tourism, IT, media/communications, international relations, the nonprofit sector, German studies and economics.
Most internships are paid and scholarships are available to qualified participants that receive unpaid internships. Accepted participants will receive a scholarship application following acceptance to the program. A limited number of language course stipends are also available for those who qualify. Internships are 3-to-12 months long. Programs start individually at the beginning of each month.
Cultural Vistas works with an array of global partner organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their specified goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings.
Click here to apply for specific internships with German companies through Cultural Vistas
Cultural Vistas’ Internship Program in Germany includes:
- Assistance during the application process including help drafting a Lebenslauf (German resume)
- Internship placement in your target field with a German host company
- Pre-departure information mailing
- Financial assistance through the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (must apply separately)
- Work authorization services
- Health insurance (optional)
- Cultural orientation seminar upon arrival in Germany (optional)
- Enrollment in language course (optional)
- Housing assistance
- Support throughout the program in Germany and the United States
- Re-entry information and tips on marketing international experience to U.S. employers
Candidates for the Internship Program in Germany must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. citizens, Canadian citizens*, or non-U.S. citizens enrolled at an accredited U.S. college or university for the duration of the program
- 18–30 years of age
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in German or the equivalent (extra language training is available, if needed)
- At least two years of university level studies related to one of the following:
- Business: general business administration, international business, import/export, marketing, PR, sales, advertising, finance, consulting, hotel management
- Technical Fields: chemical-, electrical-, industrial-, and mechanical engineering, logistics, information technology, web design, multimedia, graphic design, architecture
- Liberal Arts: international relations, German, history, economics and other social sciences**
- Practical experience in target internship field (summer employment, prior internship, lab position, etc.) does not need to be extensive, but is preferred. The more experience you have, the more desirable you are to a potential host company.
* Canadian citizens enrolled at an accredited Canadian college or university are also eligible.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please apply at least five months prior to your desired start date.