- Biography Reference Center – Comprehensive collection of more than 450,000 full text biographies, including the complete full text run of Biography Today and Biography Magazine.
Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online – biographical and critical essays on the lives, works, and careers of the world’s most influential literary figures from all eras and genres.
United States national library, includes images, films, and manuscripts
historical documents as well as the executive branch’s archives
- USA.gov – Comprehensive information on government resources
- US Government Publishing Office (GPO) – Records of Congressional hearings.
- ProQuest Congressional – Provides abstracts and some full-text of bills, Committee reports, prepared testimony from hearings and public laws. Advanced Search: Search your topic and add the word “testimony”. Also, on the left, limit your results to “Hearings”
HeinOnline – A legal database that provide access to statements and congressional testimony. Search your topic and the word testimony.
- Hawai‘i State Legislature – Hawai‘i-related legislation (both enacted and proposed).
- For Google searches, add “testimony” and “site:gov” to your search string.
* Hearing – A hearing is a meeting of a Senate, House, joint, or special committee of Congress, usually open to the public, to obtain information and opinions on proposed legislation. In addition, hearings may also be purely exploratory in nature, providing testimony and database about topics of current interest.