Serials Reductions for 2018
The library has reduced subscriptions to serials in order to meet a budget shortfall.
The cuts will be effective January 1, 2018. There were two types of cuts as follows:
- 5% cost reduction across the board, with exemptions for areas of excellence and to support collections that receive support as National Resource Centers (NRC), namely Hawai’i and the Pacific, China, Japan, Korea, and Southeast Asia.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier) database reductions protected subject collections and high-use titles important to a land and sea grant institution by prioritizing journal titles related to earth, sea and sky research.
The following links provide detailed information to which titles you can expect to access and which are no longer available.
- Titles cancelled in the 5% across the board cuts effective January 1, 2018 (excel/pdf).
- Full-text access to ScienceDirect titles from January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2020 (excel/pdf).
- Titles no longer available on ScienceDirect, effective January 1, 2018 (excel/pdf).
Please contact the appropriate subject librarian for more information to support your research needs through open access journals and interlibrary loans. And be assured that the Library will continue providing support for your teaching and research needs.