News, Blogs & Events
(5 most recent)
- Portions of Sinclair Library not accessible Saturday, October 13, 2018 (10/8/2018) - Only Sinclair Library’s Grand Lobby, Heritage Reading Room, and ITS Wong Computer Lab will be accessible on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The rest of the building will be closed due to a planned power outage. Regular access to all study spaces are scheduled to resume on Sunday, October 14, 2018.
- 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia (12/27/2017) - A diverse group of over 40 participants attended the 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia on November 1, 2017. The event was named “War, Languages, and Un/intended Consequences: from Diderot to after World War Two” and it introduced resources ranging from the 18th century encyclopedia (Diderot), to dictionaries and language learning textbooks across China, ...
- Explore the Reef New Science & Technology Reference Exhibit (11/17/2017) - A selected collection of books, articles, maps, and Web sites from the vast and rich body of information available on coral reef ecosystems. In this exhibit learn the Hawaiian names for coral, identify the world’s oldest living marine species at Papahānaumokuākea, discover a new hermit crab species, and find out how YOU can participate in ...
- Pacific Collection awarded $1896 by SEED (11/17/2017) - The Pacific Collection has been awarded $1896 by the UH-M Office of Student Equity, Excellence and Diversity (SEED). The award will be used to help fund Ke Au Hou: Generations of Pacific Librarianship, an international conference that the Hawaiian & Pacific Collections are hosting in May 2018, in conjunction with the Center for Pacific Islands ...
- Japanese Suicide Bombers, 1932 – Asia Collection Department Exhibit (11/16/2017) - Asia Collection Department’s new exhibit, “Japanese Suicide Bombers, 1932” has been curated by our guest curators, Dr. Hanae Kramer of UHM School of Communications and Mr. Scott Kramer. Please come and learn part of history induced by World War II. The exhibit is from November 6, 2016 through January 12, 2018, on the 4th Floor ...
(5 most recent)
UH and ASUH ownership of the Honolulu Stadium
by UH Archives on June 18, 2019 at 2:27 pm
At one time the University of Hawaiʻi (UH) and the Associated Students of the University of Hawaiʻi (ASUH) were the major shareholders of the Honolulu Stadium located on King and Isenberg […]
Our Island’s Treasure Video
by okinawacollection on June 7, 2019 at 2:00 pm
A high school student in Oregon, who is an American with Okinawan ancestry, created a video concerning the environment in Henoko. The creator, YONAMINE Kaiya, is 17-year old. She wrote: My name is […]
Tombs in Okinawa
by okinawacollection on June 3, 2019 at 10:00 am
Prof. Dana Masayuki (田名真之）, currently the Director at the Okinawa Prefectural Museum & Art Museum, published an article on tombs in Okinawa in The World of […]
Found in the Archives: 1903 and 1911 Agricultural Federal Bulletins Published in Hawaiian
by UH Archives on May 17, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Established in Hawaiʻi in 1901, one of the services of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Experiment Stations was to assist local farmers on widely cultivated local products. This work […]
Animation of Kunkunshi: Library Video Shorts
by okinawacollection on May 14, 2019 at 3:00 pm
The University of Hawaiʻi News (May 13, 2019) “Award-winning student lenses focus on rare Hamilton Library collections” “Hamilton Library at the University […]