News, Blogs & Events
(5 most recent)
- 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia (12/27/2017) - A diverse group of over 40 participants attended the 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia on November 1, 2017. The event was named “War, Languages, and Un/intended Consequences: from Diderot to after World War Two” and it introduced resources ranging from the 18th century encyclopedia (Diderot), to dictionaries and language learning textbooks across China, ...
- Explore the Reef New Science & Technology Reference Exhibit (11/17/2017) - A selected collection of books, articles, maps, and Web sites from the vast and rich body of information available on coral reef ecosystems. In this exhibit learn the Hawaiian names for coral, identify the world’s oldest living marine species at Papahānaumokuākea, discover a new hermit crab species, and find out how YOU can participate in ...
- Pacific Collection awarded $1896 by SEED (11/17/2017) - The Pacific Collection has been awarded $1896 by the UH-M Office of Student Equity, Excellence and Diversity (SEED). The award will be used to help fund Ke Au Hou: Generations of Pacific Librarianship, an international conference that the Hawaiian & Pacific Collections are hosting in May 2018, in conjunction with the Center for Pacific Islands ...
- Japanese Suicide Bombers, 1932 – Asia Collection Department Exhibit (11/16/2017) - Asia Collection Department’s new exhibit, “Japanese Suicide Bombers, 1932” has been curated by our guest curators, Dr. Hanae Kramer of UHM School of Communications and Mr. Scott Kramer. Please come and learn part of history induced by World War II. The exhibit is from November 6, 2016 through January 12, 2018, on the 4th Floor ...
- 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia (11/3/2017) - A diverse group of over 40 participants attended the 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia on November 1, 2017. The event was named “War, Languages, and Un/intended Consequences: from Diderot to after World War Two” and it introduced resources ranging from the 18th century encyclopedia (Diderot), to dictionaries and language learning textbooks across China, ...
(5 most recent)
Knowledge and action for change through culture, community and curriculum
by digitalblog on August 15, 2018 at 1:44 pm
Faculty, researchers and graduate students at the University of Hawaii at Manoa may post their publications and presentations in the Library’s institutional repository Scholarspace. Check […]
Okinawan Textile Event: corrections and other information
by okinawacollection on August 14, 2018 at 8:00 am
The Okinawan Textile Lecture on August 9 (2018) was a success. The room was filled with the audience, and 67 people watched the event remotely! The Okinawa Collection and other 2 […]
Queen Liliuokalani on the Day Her Country Lost Independence
by Alice Kim on August 12, 2018 at 7:00 am
Today in history — “On the morning of August 12, 1898, troops from the warship USS Philadelphia marched ashore for the ceremony at Iolani Palace formally recognizing the annexation of the […]
Okinawan Textile Lecture Updates
by okinawacollection on August 6, 2018 at 5:30 pm
Live from Hamilton Library! Okinawan Textile Lecture in Hamilton Library, August 9, 2018 Title: Okinawan Textile Lecture: Traditional Dyeing and Weaving Techniques Date: Thursday, August 9, 2018 […]
UH Hilo dissertations online
by digitalblog on August 6, 2018 at 1:24 pm
You can find recent dissertations online in the UH System librarys’ repository. HOKU (Hilo Online Knowledge Universe) features dissertations in the areas of Hawaiian Language and […]