Daily Tasks and Standards
Edging and Grooming
- Must be completed before Power Mower is scheduled to cut in that area.
- Must be completed weekly.
Trash Pick Up
- Area trash must be picked up daily.
- 55 gallon drums will be picked up by Groundskeepers as provided every Monday and Thursday unless requested additional pick up by supervisor.
Raking and Blowing
- Must be completed daily if it causes a safety concern.
- Must be completed weekly in all areas.
- Sidewalks must be cleared first thing every morning if fruits, flowers or leaves pose slipping hazard.
- All water sprouts 12’ and below on trees, including trees in medial strips must be removed.
- Hedges should be trimmed every 3 months or as needed for safety concerns.
Bed Maintenance and Weeding
- All weeds 2” or higher need to be removed. Note: in most sections this requires the Groundskeeper to be actively pulling weeds, laying cover mulch or applying herbicide for some time everyday in one location or another!
- All flowering weeds need to be removed immediately and bagged.
- All crack weeds need to be maintained or an in-house request needs to be on file.
- All irrigation must be in working order or an in-house work request needs to be on file.
In-House Work Requests
- All in-house work requests must be submitted by Groundskeeper at the end of each day.