INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL STUDIES CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Spring 1999 Colloquia Series
- The following colloquia were held during the Spring
- January 19: Laura Edles, Sociology
- "Cultural Sociology in Practice"
- February 2: Ricardo Trimillos, Asian
- "Gender Construction through the Performing Arts in
the Asia-Pacific Region"
- February 16: Jonathan Okamura, Student Equity,
Excellence, & Diversity
- "Diaspora as Transnational Social Construction"
- March 2: Jon Goss, Geography
- "Ultimate Journeys: Life, Death, and Resurrection in
Hawaii's Tourist Landscape"
- March 16: Cynthia Ward, English
- "Comparative Cultural Studies"
- April 6: Mari Yoshihara, American Studies
- "Putting on the Voice of the Orient: White Women
Perform Asian-ness on Stage, 1900s-1920s"
- April 20: Ming-Bao Yue, East Asian Languages &
- "Chinese Diaspora and the Politics of Vision"