Skip to main content



Seoul, KOREA

Sogang University Campus Map

MIX Korea Map


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

Academic areas: Exchange students may enroll in courses taught in English or Korean (must have adequate Korean language proficiency). Exchange students are fully integrated into the regular programs with Korean students.

Exchange students may choose to supplement their academic courses with a 1-credit Service Learning Program, consisting of seminars and community service hours.

Exchange students in the Sciences or Engineering may choose to supplement their academic courses with a Lab Internship Program in a sciene lab at Sogang University (5-hours per week during the semester).

Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.


Yes - the Global Korean Studies program offers Korean Studies courses taught in English. Some courses taught in English are offered by other faculties (about 30% of all undergraduate courses offered at Sogang are taught in English). Sogang University courses taught in English



Fall Semester Late August - mid December
Spring Semester Early March - late June
Students may study at Sogang University for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.

Sogang University Academic Calendar


Exchange students may live on-campus in Gonzaga Hall, an international dormitory (double-rooms). Some meals are included with the housing (global cafeteria).

Sogang University Housing Information


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $200-400
  • Room & Meals: $2,400-3,800
  • Personal Expenses: $1,400-2,400
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $1,200-2,000
  • Visa Expenses: $45-65

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   

Sogang University Cost Estimates


Seoul City Forum & Seoul City Internship: Students who study at Sogang in the Spring may apply for these new 8-week programs, which start in summer 2013. The Forum consists of team projects with other international students, volunteer activities, and debate on Seoul City politics. The Internship runs alongside the Forum, and provides students with the opportunity to work in an administrative office in the Seoul City Government, in administrative support services.

Visa Information: Exchange students use the Certificate of Admission received from their Korean host university to obtain a student visa. Student visas (D-2 visas) are issued at Korean Consulates. Student visas can are typically processed within five working days. Required documents for the D-2 visa are:

  • A valid passport
  • A completed visa application (see website below)
  • Passport size photo
  • $45 fee (other fees apply to non-US citizens)
  • Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
  • Certificate of bank balance.
  • A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript.

Note: These requirements are subject to change. Always refer to the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea website for up to date information:

Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Honolulu

Upon arrival in Korea, students who will be staying for more than 90 days must obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration from the Seoul Immigration Office.


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now

Sogang UniversitySogang University