Skip to main content



Seoul, KOREA

Exchange students take classes at the Anam campus (main campus). KU Campus Map

MIX Korea Map


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors. The program is open to students who speak English only, or who speak both English and Korean.

Academic areas: Business, Liberal Arts, Life Sciences, Political Science, Economics, Science & Technology, Engineering, Education, Information & Communications, Health Science, Art & Design, International Studies, Journalism, Humanities, Sports & Leisure Studies, Public Administration. NOTE: There is limited capacity for exchange students in classes in history, business, film making, and art & design. Exchange students may not take classes in medicine, nursing, philosophy, law, education, and MBA.

Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.

More information about Academics at KU


Yes - KU offers many courses in English in various disciplines at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and the number is increasing every year. 


Fall Semester Early September - mid December
Spring Semester Early March - mid June
Year Students may study at Korea University for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.


KU has two excellent quality international dormitories: Anam Hall 2 and CJ International House. Several dining facilities, cafeterias, snack bars, and convenience stores are located on campus.

More information on Housing at KU


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $150-250
  • Room & Meals: $2,600-3,800
  • Personal Expenses: $1,400-2,400
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $1,200-2,000
  • Visa Expenses: $45-65

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


Visa Information: Exchange students use the Certificate of Admission received from their Korean host university to obtain a student visa. Student visas (D-2 visas) are issued at Korean Consulates. Student visas can are typically processed within five working days. Required documents for the D-2 visa are:

  • A valid passport
  • A completed visa application (see website below)
  • Passport size photo
  • $45 fee (other fees apply to non-US citizens)
  • Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
  • Certificate of bank balance.
  • A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript.

Note: These requirements are subject to change. Always refer to the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea website for up to date information:

Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Honolulu

Upon arrival in Korea, students who will be staying for more than 90 days must obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration from the Seoul Immigration Office.


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now

Korea UniversityKorea University