Skip to main content



Seoul, KOREA

CAU has two campuses: Seoul Campus and Anseong Campus. Exchange students take their classes at the Seoul Campus (main).

CAU Interactive Campus Map

Learn more about Seoul

MIX Korea Map


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

Academic areas: Korean Studies courses taught in English are offered specifically for exchange students. Undergraduates may take courses taught in English in Education, Korean Studies, Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Natural Sciences, and Engineering. Graduates may take courses taught in English at the Graduate School of International Studies. Students who already have advanced proficiency in Korean may take regular university courses taught in Korean.


Yes - a very large number of undergraduate and graduate courses taught in English are offered at CAU. Areas include Education, Korean Studies, Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Natural Sciences, and Engineering. CAU Courses taught in English



Fall Semester Early September - mid December
Spring Semester Early March - mid June
Year Students may study at Chung-Ang University for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.

Chung-Ang University Academic Calendar


Exchange students may live in on-campus dormitories at CAU (double rooms).

More information on Housing at CAU


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $300-500
  • Room & Meals: $6,000-7,000
  • Personal Expenses: $1,500-2,500
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $1,200-2,000
  • Visa Expenses: $45-65

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   

View Chung-Ang University cost estimates



Services for Exchange Students at CAU: The International Center assists international students with housing, orientation, general academic affairs, university facilities, health insurance, and personal concerns. A peer student adviser (buddy), who is a Chung-Ang University student, is assigned to each international exchange student to provide the latter with assistance in adapting to campus life. The International Center also regularly offers to better understand Korean culture and society. There are also many field trips for exchange students.

CAU Buddy Program: The International Center organizes a buddy program to help the international students and to promote interaction between them and the Chung-Ang students. Each international student is matched with a Chung-Ang student on a one-to-one basis. The Chung-Ang students play the roles of friends, Korean language and culture tutors, and campus life advisers. The matched students meet regularly and spend two to three hours a week together. It is hoped that they will develop a good relationship and friendship as they participate in various events and activities. The International Center organizes a number of activities for them, but each buddy pair is free to organize their own activities.

Visa Information: Exchange students use the Certificate of Admission received from their Korean host university to obtain a student visa. Student visas (D-2 visas) are issued at Korean Consulates. Student visas can are typically processed within five working days. Required documents for the D-2 visa are:

  • A valid passport
  • A completed visa application (see website below)
  • Passport size photo
  • $45 fee (other fees apply to non-US citizens)
  • Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
  • Certificate of bank balance.
  • A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript.

Note: These requirements are subject to change. Always refer to the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea website for up to date information:

Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Honolulu

Upon arrival in Korea, students who will be staying for more than 90 days must obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration from the Seoul Immigration Office.


MIX by Major

Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now


Chung-Ang UniversityChung-Ang University