Skip to main content



Vallendar, GERMANY

Vallendar is a suburb of Koblenz, about one hour by car from Frankfurt. Learn more about Vallendar and WHU.

WHU Campus Map


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in Business only.

Academic areas: Business Administration, Finance, Management. WHU also offers free intensive German language courses for foreigners during the semester. 

Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.

WHU Online Course Guide

German Language Classes at WHU


Yes - 80% percent of the courses in the undergraduate program and 100% of the courses in the graduate programs are taught in English. 


Fall Semester Late August - late December
Spring Semester Early January - late April
Students may study at WHU for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.

WHU Academic Calendar


Students can apply to live in several campus residences.
Arrange your own housing
The WHU Housing Office can help you to find a private apartment.

WHU Housing Information


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $200-400
  • Room & Meals: $4,800-6,500
  • Personal Expenses: $2,000-3,000
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $2,000-2,800
  • Visa Expenses: $100-120 (Residence Permit)

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   

WHU Cost of Living Estimates


Visa & Residence Permit: Germany is part of the Schengen Borders Agreement. USA citizens and students from some other nationalities (for example from Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, and the European Union) do not need a visa prior to entering Germany. All Non-EU citizens staying in Germany for more than 3 months must officially obtain a residence permit after you arrive in Germany.  Those who do need a visa (for example students from China, India, Thailand and Turkey) must apply in their home country before traveling to Germany.  More information on Visas and Residence Permits

Registering for courses: Upon arrival, students will get access to the WHU intranet where they can register for the courses they want to take at WHU during their exchange period. Registering for courses before arriving at WHU is not possible as the whole process is done through the WHU intranet.
At the beginning of the semester, there will be a detailed information session on how to register for courses in the WHU intranet.

WHU Buddy Program: At WHU, each exchange student is assigned two buddies: a student buddy as well as an academic buddy. This way we aim at providing individual guidance to everybody. Learn more about the Buddy Program.


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now