Skip to main content



Tübingen, GERMANY


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

Academic areas: Business and Economics, Humanities, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences.

More information on Academics at Tübingen


Yes - Courses taught in English are offered in Business and Economics, Humanities, Science, Political Science, and Sociology.

View Tübingen Courses Taught in English


Spring Semester
Early April - late July ("Sommersemester"). Optional Language Preparatory course starts in March.
Year Early October - late July (academic year)
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.

Tübingen Academic Calendar


Students may apply for on-campus International Student Housing.

More info on housing at Tübingen


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $200-400
  • Room & Meals: $3,600-4,800
  • Personal Expenses: $1,500-2,000
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $1,800-2,400
  • Visa Expenses: $100-120 (Residence Permit)

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


Visa & Residence Permit: Germany is part of the Schengen Borders Agreement. USA citizens and students from some other nationalities (for example from Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, and the European Union) do not need a visa prior to entering Germany.  All Non-EU citizens staying in Germany for more than 3 months must officially obtain a residence permit after you arrive in Germany. 

Those who do need a visa (for example students from China, India, Thailand and Turkey) must apply in their home country before traveling to Germany. 

More information on Visas and Residence Permits


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now