Skip to main content




Open to undergraduate and graduate students in Business only.

Academic areas: Economics, Mathematics, Languages & Cultures, Communication, International Business Relations, Information Technology, Society & Politics

Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.

More Info on CBS Academics


Yes - The language of instruction at CBS is English. 


Fall Semester Mid August - mid December
Spring Semester Mid January - late June
Year Mid August - late June (academic year).
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.

CBS Academic Calendar


The CBS housing department has access to 10 student residences or dorms.  You can apply for these using the CBS Housing on-line application process. 
Arrange your own housing
The Copenhagen Business School Housing Department can help exchange students find off-campus housing. 

CBS Housing Information


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $200-400
  • Room & Meals: $5,200-8,000
  • Personal Expenses: $2,000-3,000
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $2,000-2,800
  • Visa Expenses: $300-350 (Residence Permit)

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


Residence Permit (Visa) Information: Denmark is part of the Schengen Borders Agreement. Exchange students will need to apply for a Residence Permit in order to reside in Denmark for higher education study purposes.

Upon acceptance to CBS, students will receive a Welcome Packet from CBS that contains a Residence Permit application. The cost for a Residence Permit is approximately $285. To learn more about applying for a Residence Permit, please visit the Danish Immigration Service website.


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now