Skip to main content




Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

Academic areas (undergraduate): Business Administration, Marketing & Communication, Humanities, Society & Culture, Politics & Society, Jewish Studies, International Relations, European Studies, Journalism

Academic areas (graduate): Business, Law, Humanities, Public Policy, International Relations & Diplomacy

Exchange students may also take classes in Prague Art & Architecture, European History, and Czech Language.

View all AAU Academic Areas


Yes - The language of instruction at AAU is English. 


Fall Semester Late August - mid December
Spring Semester Early February - late May
Year Students may study at AAU for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.

AAU Academic Calendar


Arrange your own housing
AAU has an established network of landlords and agencies for comfortable apartments in Prague. Students can expect a 15-25 minute commute to the university (walk, bike, or bus). Exchange student applicants will receive a housing list from AAU.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $300-400
  • Room & Meals: $5,400-8,000
  • Personal Expenses: $2,000-3,000
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $2,000-3,000
  • Visa Expenses: $150-300

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


Residence Permit (Visa) Information: The Czech Republic is part of the Schengen Borders Agreement. Exchange students going to AAU may apply for a 6-month Student Visa prior to departure for the Czech Republic. Hawaii students may apply through the Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Los Angeles.

Exchange students going to AAU for a semester or a year may apply for a Residence Permit upon arrival to the Czech Republic.

AAU Visa & Residence Permit Information Guide


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now