Thank you for your interest in the Mānoa International Exchange (MIX) Program. The information below is for UH Mānoa students going on exchange to a MIX Partner University.
Outbound exchange students register as full-time students at UHM and pay their normal UHM tuition. They do not pay tuition at the host university overseas. They are, however, responsible for travel costs, flight arrangements, housing, meals, and all other living expenses. Outbound exchange students earn transfer credit from the partner university, and may use courses taken abroad towards their degree (major/minor) requirements with approval from the appropriate academic or faculty advisors.
When to Apply
- Jan 7 - Feb 1 for Summer, Fall, and Academic Year exchanges
- Missed the deadline? Contact email@example.com to inquire about submitting a late application.
- Aug 25 - Sept 15 for Spring exchanges
- The application period for Spring 2014 will open on the first day of the Fall 2013 semester.
Note to Financial Aid Recipients: Financial aid students who submit late applications may face delays in receiving their financial aid awards.
How to Apply
1. MIX Application - Submit Online.
2. Statement of Purpose - Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off to QLC 206.
- Please use the following heading: MIX Statement of Purpose, Your Name, UH ID Number, Term(s) you want to go abroad
- Maximum 1 page (500 words or less)
- Your essay should address the following questions:
- Why is studying abroad important to you, and how does it fit into your academic goals?
- Which MIX Partner Universities interest you, and why?
- In what ways are you a good candidate for international exchange?
- What do you hope to gain while abroad, and what do you hope to contribute?
3. Passport Copy - Email to email@example.com or drop off to QLC 206.
NOTE: Every student applying for MIX must meet personally with a MIX staff member. If you have not yet met with Darrell Kicker or Sara Otis, please come to Drop-In Advising: Tues, Weds, Thurs 1:30-3:30 PM.