Publications by Staff of the Office of the Dean
• Indigenous Educational Models for Contemporary Practice: In Our Mother’s Voice, Vol. II, (2008)
• The Renaissance of American Indian Higher Education: Capturing the Dream, Maenette K.P. A Benham and Wayne J. Stein (2002)
• Indigenous Educational Models for Contemporary Practice: In Our Mother’s Voice, Maenette K.P. A Benham and Joanne Elizabeth Cooper (2000)
• Let My Spirit Soar!: Narratives of Diverse Women in School Leadership, Maenette K.P. A Benham and Joanne Cooper (1998)
• Case Studies for School Administrators: Managing Change in Education (1998)
• Culture and Educational Policy in Hawai‘i: The Silencing of Native Voices, Maenette K.P. A Benham and Ronald H. Heck (1998)
• ‘O Kelekolio Ka Manini Li’ili’i (ʻōh) (also available as bilingual text)
• Nā Keiki ʻElima, Lilinoe Andrews and William H. Wilson (ʻōh) (also available as bilingual text)
• I Mea Aha Ke Kai (ʻōh) (also available as bilingual text)
• E ʻAi I Kekahi, E Kāpī I Kekahi (ʻōh) (also available as bilingual text)
Publications by Staff of Native Hawaiian Student Services
Goodyear-Ka‘ōpua, J.N., Hussey, I. & Wright, E.K. (Eds.). Ea: A history of Hawaiian movements for life, land, and sovereignty. Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
Wright, E.K. & Balutski, B.J.N. (2013). The role of context, critical theory, and counter-narratives in understanding Pacific Islander Indigeneity. In S.D. Museus, D.C. Maramba & R.T. Teranishi (Eds.) The Misrepresented minority: New insights on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and their implications for higher education. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing
Thomas, S.L., Kanaiaupuni, S.M., Freitas, A.K. & Balutski, B.J.N. (2012) Access and success for students from Indigenous populations. In J.C. Smart & M.B. Paulsen (Eds.) Higher Education: Handbook of Theory and Research, Volume 27. Springer Science + Business Media: Netherlands.
Freitas, A.K., Wright E.K., Balutski, B.J.N. & Wu, P.Z. (2013). Development of the “Indigenous Self” in Indigenous-centered student services: An examination of the Kōkua a Puni Summer Enrichment Program. Educational Perspectives Journal of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa College of Education.
Labrador, R. L. & Wright, E.K. (2011) Engaging the indigenous in Pacific Islander Asian American studies. AmerAsia Journal, 37:3, 135-147.
Tran, J., Wong, M., Wright, E.K., et.al. (2011). Understanding a Pacific Islander young adult perspectives on access to higher education. California Journal of Health Promotion 2010, Special Issue, 23-38.
Balutski, B.J.N. & Wright, E. K. (2012, 2011). Native Hawaiian student profile. Annual report on the status of Native Hawaiian students in the University of Hawai‘i System using institutional data. Released through Kōkua a Puni, U. S. DOE Title III Strengthening Institutions.