KAWAIHUELANI CENTER FOR HAWAIIAN LANGUAGE
On recommendation of the Center for Hawaiian Language, UH Mānoa confers certification of achievement in Hawaiian language. Our certificate is best suited for unclassified students who are not fully matriculating towards earning a major degree but are interested in learning and gaining competency in Hawaiian language. Student requirements are as follows:
- Complete 15 credit hours beyond the intermediate level in Hawaiian, including:
- 6 credit hours in continuing language study (HAW 301 & 302)
- 9 credit hours in language, literature, or structure courses selected to complement the major field of study
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in courses leading to the certificate
- Achieve a grade of B or better in all Hawaiian language courses counted towards the Hawaiian language certificate.