I only have a few channels: 2, 4, 5, 9, 11, and 13. Aren’t there more?
Modern TVs have the ability to auto-tune available channels. Run the auto-tune or channel discovery feature on the TV to properly pick up all channels.
Where do I get a coax cable?
Coaxial (coax) cables are not provided by student housing. Coaxial cables are available at most electronic retailers. A six (6) feet long cable should be sufficient for students living in the residence halls. A fifteen (15) feet long cable should be sufficient for students living in the apartments.
Can I order pay-per-view or premium services?
No. Pay-per-view and other premium services are not available.
How do I program my digital TV to receive all University channels?
You will have to program your TV to detect and program all channels when plugged in. Exact details on how to setup your TV vary by manufacturer but these are the general steps:
- Plug in the power and coaxial cable connection to your TV
- Turn on your TV
- Using your remote control press the "Menu" button
- Select "Set-Up"
- Make sure your tuner/broadcast setting is "Cable" and not "antenna/air"
- Most TVs will then automatically try to scan for all available channels. If not you will have to go into setup and run the Auto Program so that it scans all available channels and programs your TV for those channels. The scan will take 10-20 minutes.
Residents with Seiki or Westinghouse TVs may encounter problems setting up TVs to pickup the digital channels. It appears these some of these TVs do not have a QAM tuner or will need to have the QAM tuner turned on.
For Westinghouse, see the following page: http://westinghousedigital.com/support/tunercode 
For Seiki try the following:
- click menu
- click 0,0,0,0, the service menu will open
- scroll and click others
- scroll and click other settings
- scroll down to cable qam - switch it to on
- go back to your setup menu, choose QAM an rescan for channels.
You may need to contact your TV manufacture for support. If your TV does not have a QAM tuner, you will need to return it or purchase a separate QAM tuner.