- The right to read and study free from undue interference in the resident’s room.
- The right to sleep without undue disturbance from noise, guests, roommates, etc.
- The right to expect that roommates will respect each other’s personal belongings.
- The right to a clean environment in which to live.
- The right to free access to one’s room and facilities without pressure from roommate(s).
- The right to personal privacy.
- The right to host guests at agreed upon times, and with the expectation that guests are to respect the rights of the host’s roommate and other hall residents.
- The right to be free from intimidation, fear, and physical or emotional harm.
- The right to refuse requests without having to feel guilty or selfish.
- The right to expect reasonable cooperation in the use of the room’s cable/internet access and a commitment to honor agreed-upon payment procedures.
- The right to expect that any and all disagreements will be discussed in an atmosphere of openness and mutual respect, and that it is acceptable when any roommate feels it is necessary, to involve a residence hall staff member in such a discussion.
Student Housing Services is a program of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
(808) 956-8177 | FAX (808) 956-5995 | email@example.com | 2569 Dole Street, Frear Hall, Honolulu Hawai`i 96822-2328