ARE YOU CURRENTLY LIVING ON CAMPUS AND WANT TO RETURN IN THE FALL 18 AND SPRING 19? Then our annual Renewal process is for you! Renewal is your chance to choose where you want to live and renew your housing contract for the 2018-2019 academic year before you leave for the summer!
All current residents who are in good financial standing, submit a housing application on our website by March 15, 2018 and pull a lottery number on April 3rd thru April 6th are eligible to participate in the renewal process.
HOUSING RENEWAL STEPS TO FOLLOW:
1. APPLY for housing by March 15, 2018, 11:59pm H.S.T. (No exceptions will be made!) You will need to use the “NON-FRESHMAN” application. If are currently or will be in the fall a graduate student you may complete the GRADUATE application. If you are interested in and eligible for family housing you may complete the FAMILY application.
2. PAY APPLICATION FEE: An application is not considered complete unless this $25 fee is received. No exceptions will be made
3. PULL A LOTTERY NUMBER: All eligible residents who have applied by the deadline will need to pull a lottery number between April 3, 2018 thru April 6, 2018. You will be able to do this at the Student Housing Office between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm.
4. ATTEND RENEWAL: All eligible residents who have chosen a lottery number will need to attend Renewal on Saturday, April 14, 2018 by 11:59pm. Further information regarding times will be released at a later date. Continue to check your email for updates!
LOTTERY PROCESS (April 3rd thru April 6th)
Lottery selection will be at the Student Housing office located at Frear Hall from Tuesday, April 3, 2018 through Friday, April 6, 2018 from 8:00am to 4:00pm. The lottery steps are:
- Submit Housing application by March 15th, 2018 by 11:59pm
- Student Housing will verify that you have submitted your housing application by the deadline and that you have no financial housing holds on your account.
- You will pull a number from a box.
- A sticker with that same number will be placed on your UH student ID (Drivers license or any other IDs will not be accepted.)
- The number that you selected (along with your group size) will determine the time slot you will need to attend during Renewal day on April 14th. Times will be released at a later date. To determine your time slot:
- TIMESLOT 1 - Groups of 3 - 4 people returning to the same hall and room type: All residents who form in this group will need to be in the same hall and room type in order to return to the same hall and room type for next year. For example: A group of 4 males in a Hale Wainani Quad will return to Hale Wainani Quad for the next Academic Year.
- TIMESLOT 2 - Groups of 2 - 1 people returning to the same hall and room type: All residents who form in this group will need to be in the same hall and room type in order to return to the same hall and room type for next year. For example: A person in a Hale Laulima single wishing to return to a Hale Laulima single.
- TIMESLOT 3 - Groups of 3 - 4 people choosing a different hall and/or room type: All residents who form in this group can consist of any residents from different halls and are wishing to go to a specific hall/room type. For example: Two females whose current residence is Noelani and 2 females whose current residence is Frear Hall (Two person, 4 bedroom unit) are wishing to room in a Frear Hall (Four bedroom, Four person unit).
- TIMESLOT 4 - Groups of 2 - 1 people choosing a different hall and/or room type: All residents who form in this group can consist of any residents from different halls and are wishing to go to a specific hall/room type. For example: A person in Hale Aloha Ilima wishing to room in a Gateway House double.
RESIDENTIAL LEARNING PROGRAM (RLP) FAIR (TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2018)
Want to live in a Residential Learning Program next fall? Our Renewal RLP failr will take place on Tuesday, April 10th from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in front of Gateway.
The following RLPs will be avaialble to choose from:
- College of Engineering
- Native Hawaiian Student Services
- Japanese Language & Culture
- Filipino Language & Culture
- College of Education
- Rainbow Village (Living Community)
Please note that these Residential Learning programs will not be avaialble during renewal. If you particpate in the RLP Renewal Fair, you do not need to participate on Renewal Day on Saturday, April 14, 2018. You will also not be allowed to change your choice during Renewal.
RENEWAL DAY (SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2018)
Renewal will be held at Gateway Cafeteria. Each student must bring their UH ID card with the lottery sticker. Failure to bring your UH ID card with sticker, you will not be premitted to participate in Renewal.
- A caller will call out your number. You and your group will enter the cafeteria based on who has the lowest lottery number. Be sure you meet the criteria for that timeslot.
- We will verify your eligibility with the lottery sticker and no financial obligation
- There will be sections with each hall. You will go to the hall of your choice that you would like to live in for the next Academic Year and choose which room/room type you would like to live in. Please have at least 5 options in case a particular room/hall is not available.
- Once your room has been choosen, we will verify your selection. A confirmation form will be handed to you with your payment deadline to accept your housing assignment.
- Your invoice and housing contract will be emailed to your MyUH email address. The invoice will indicate the hall you were assigned to as well as the renewal payment deadline, Tuesday, May 15, 2018 by 4:00pm (HST).
- To accept your assignment offer, you must submit your invoice, signed housing contract and a minimum payment of $400.00 or more to the Student Housing office by the deadline.Failure to submit all three items will result in the cancellation of your housing assignment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: WHAT IF I HAVE A HOUSING BALANCE, CAN I PARTICIPATE IN LOTTERY/RENEWAL?
A: No, if you have a outstanding housing balance, you will not be allowed to participate in lottery/renewal
Q: WHAT IF I AM UNABLE TO ATTEND THE LOTTERY PROCESS?
A: If you are unable to attend any of the lottery selection dates you MUST have a substitute pick a lottery number for you during one of the lottery selection dates. You must fill out a SUBSTITUTE FORM (PDF) and your substitute must bring the completed form along with YOUR student ID to the SHS office at the time of lottery selection. NOTE: If your substitute does not have your student ID, they will not be allowed to select a lottery number for you.
Q: MY FRIEND ALREADY PICKED A GOOD NUMBER FOR LOTTERY, DO I STILL NEED A LOTTERY NUMBER?
A. Yes, all students who applied by the renewal deadline must pick a lottery number in order to participate in renewal.
Q: WHAT IF I AM UNABLE TO ATTEND RENEWAL DAY?
A: If you are unable to attend Renewal you MUST designate a person to pick your room for you. A SUBSTITUTE FORM (PDF) must be filled out to identify your substitute. He/she must bring the completed form along with YOUR student ID and lottery number to the Renewal Day. Please provide at least 5 hall/and room type choices to your substitute so they may know which rooms to choose for you.
Q: WE ARE A GROUP OF 4. THREE OF US ARE IN A WAINANI APARTMENT QUAD. OUR FOURTH PERSON IS FROM FREAR HALL. ALL OF USE WANT TO BE PLACED IN HALE WAINANI QUAD. CAN WE COME DURING THE FIRST TIMESLOT OF RENEWAL?
A: No. All members in the group must be currently in the same hall and room type in order to return to the same hall and room type. You will need to go during the timeslot for choosing different halls.
Q: WHAT IF I DONT HAVE A PERSON TO SUBSTITUTE FOR ME?
A: You may select Student Housing services to substitute for you for the lottery process or renewal. You will need to provide them with your UH ID. For reneawal selection, you will need to provide them with at least 5 different hall/room type choices to pick for you.
Q: WHAT IF I AM CURRENTLY LIVING OFF-CAMPUS BUT PLAN TO LIVE ON CAMPUS NEXT YEAR? CAN I PARTICIPATE IN RENEWAL?
A: No. Renewal is only available for residents who are currently living on campus. If you are living off-campus and would like to reside on campus in the AY18-19, you may complete the AY 2018-2019 application and you will be assigned in the summer. Please continue to check your email for assignment updates.
Q: WHEN IS THE PAYMENT DEADLINE?
A: After renewal, please be sure to check your UH email for your housing invoice and contract. You must submit your invoice, contract and payment by Tuesday, May 15, 2018 by 4:00pm (HST). Failure to make payment by the deadline will result in the cancellation of your housing contract.
Q: WHAT ARE THE RENEWAL TIMES?
A: Renewal Times were be release at a later date