What to bring
What To Bring
On Move-in day...
Halls have carts or dollys to help you move your stuff into your room, but it will be faster if everything is boxed or bundled together.
Please note that the following halls DO NOT HAVE AN ELEVATOR:
- Hale Kahawai
- Hale Laulima
- Johnson Hall
- Hale Anuenue
Shipping your personal items
Personal belongings shipped to your residence halls must be pre-paid, shipped directly to your hall, and timed to arrive after hall opening. Click here for the address of your hall.
As an alternative to shipping, please consider the following options:
- Schedule a shopping trip to purchase personal items after you've moved in.
- Get linen through the Residence Hall Linen Program
Suggested Items to Have
For Your Room
- Mattress Width = 38"
- Mattress Length = 80"
- Mattress Height = 7"
- Linen (Twin XL, 80" long)
- Desk or Study lamp and bulbs
- A few plates, mugs, glasses, utensils for snacks
- Microwave (limit 1 per room)
- Small refrigerator (limit 1 per bedroom, can not exceed 4.5 cubic ft and should be energy star compliant)
- Computer and/or tablet
- Alarm clock or wall clock
- Surge suppressors for all electronic equipment such as computers, TV's, game consoles, printers, etc.
- Stationery supplies (pens, pencils, paper, envelopes and stamps, tape, stapler, paper clips, calculator, etc.)
- Personal toiletries
- First-aid kit (adhesive strip, antiseptic cream, medicine, etc.)
- Cleaning products (dust cloth, sponge, hand-vacuum, etc.)
- White "tack gum" and painter's tape for hanging posters on walls
Apartments additionally require:
- Toilet paper
- Trash can
- Full complement of kitchen equipment
- Ethernet network cable for internet connection (UHM wifi located only in Wainani F & I 1st floor lounges)
- Towels and wash cloths
- Soap and soap dish
- Rubber slippers for the showers
- Personal care products (toothpaste, shampoo, razor, etc.)
- Hair dryer/curling iron
- Small plastic tote to carry supplies from room to shower
- Laundry basket or bag
- Detergent, bleach, softener, etc.
- Money for laundry card
- Phone/answering machine (phone service is not included but can be ordered for an extra charge. See your community desk for details.)
- Small rugs
- Iron & ironing board
- Sports Equipment
- Sewing Kit
The following items are prohibited. (this is not a complete list)
- Self-balancing scooters or hoverboards
- Aerials, antennas extending outside the building
- Dangerous chemicals
- Barbeque grills
- Weapons/firearms: guns, paintball guns, spear, bb guns, pellet guns and/or ammunition, etc.
- Knives (Other than kitchen knives)
- Pets (except fish or officially approved service or comfort animals) or lab animals
- Candles, incense, oil lamps, open flame devices, potpourri pots
- Illegal Drugs
- Homemade or modified electrical wiring
- Gas or any flammable liquid
- Non-University/Housing issued furniture
- Air conditioners, Ceiling fans
- Halogen lights/lamps
- Firecrackers, fireworks, explosives
- Slingshots, arrows, axes, machetes
- Laser pointers
- Nun-chuks, throwing stars
- Motor vehicle batteries and acids
- Personal lofts or any other structure
- Non-University/Housing issued locks for your door