University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Student Housing - Mission Statement
Student Housing Services
Student Housing Services is an integral part of the educational program and academic support services of the institution. The mission of Student Housing Services includes:
- Providing reasonably priced living accommodations that are clean, attractive, well maintained, comfortable, and include safety features.
- Ensuring the timely and efficient administration of the program through effective management.
- Providing a living-learning environment that promotes responsible citizenship and academic success by offering programs and services that are grounded in human development and student development theory.
- Offering a food service program that provides a variety of nutritious and high quality meals, in pleasant surroundings and at a reasonable cost.
Residential Life Mission & Vision:
The mission of Residential Life is to support the academic and personal success of our students through leadership development, residential learning programs, partnerships with parents & families, and connections with campus and community resources.
By utilizing the guiding principles listed below, Residential Life will be a strong contributor to the University of Hawaii at Manoa and Student Housing Services missions.
- Maintaining a positive attitude in our interaction with all people with whom we come in contact;
- Supporting retention though intentional academic and social programming, leadership development, and fostering meaningful connections to the campus community;
- Continuous evolution of services through responsible stewardship of resources and critical evaluation and assessment to meet the dynamic needs of our students;
- Cultivating a strong sense of “UH Pride;”
- Supporting an understanding, celebration, and respect of the diverse cultures within the Hawaiian Islands;
- Establishing an environment where ALL students feel welcomed, valued, and safe;
- Empowering our students to be positive conduits of change through personal responsibility and advocacy;
- Valuing personal rights and recognizing the responsibilities that support human dignity and civility within the campus community;
- Maintaining a strong partnership with parents and families to enhance the holistic development of our students;
- Encouraging students to respect and take pride in their environment;
- Conducting all aspects of our work in a manner that is student centered;
- Promoting global citizenship through life-long learning opportunities.