Work at Housing (jobs)
Updated April 29, 2014
No Available Positions at this time.
Residential Life Mission and Vision
The mission of Residential Life is to support the academic and personal success of our students through leadership development, residential learning programs, partnerships with parents & families, and connections with campus and community resources.
By utilizing the guiding principles listed below, Residential Life will be a strong contributor to the University of Hawaii at Manoa and Student Housing Services missions.
- Maintaining a positive attitude in our interaction with all people with whom we come in contact;
- Supporting retention though intentional academic and social programming, leadership development, and fostering meaningful connections to the campus community;
- Continuous evolution of services through responsible stewardship of resources and critical evaluation and assessment to meet the dynamic needs of our students;
- Cultivating a strong sense of “UH Pride;”
- Supporting an understanding, celebration, and respect of the diverse cultures within the Hawaiian Islands;
- Establishing an environment where ALL students feel welcomed, valued, and safe;
- Empowering our students to be positive conduits of change through personal responsibility and advocacy;
- Valuing personal rights and recognizing the responsibilities that support human dignity and civility within the campus community;
- Maintaining a strong partnership with parents and families to enhance the holistic development of our students;
- Encouraging students to respect and take pride in their environment;
- Conducting all aspects of our work in a manner that is student centered;
- Promoting global citizenship through life-long learning opportunities.
Residential Life Values
- ALOHA - Respect, Compassion, Empathy
- MĀLAMA - To care for; to maintain, to protect
- KULEANA - Privilege, Responsibility, Obligation
- `OHANA - UH Community, Department, Units
- PO`OKELA - Excellence, Achievements, Outstanding
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution