Work at Housing (jobs)
Updated May 10, 2013
Community Desk Manager (CDM)
The Community Desk Manager (CDM) position is a student supervision and management position offered through UH Manoa, Student Housing Service SHS) and Manoa Career Center: Student Employment & Cooperative Education (SECE). The position is open to both undergraduate and graduate students interested in working in customer service as part of the supervision and management team of SHS Residential Life section. Applicants must be willing and able to commit a significant degree of allowable work hours per week as defined by UHM-SECE to the training, observation, management, and supervision of student employees working as Community Desk Coordinators (CDC) and to an extent, Resident Assistants (RA).
Residence Director (RD)
Interested in learning more about professional staff experiences or what it is like to live and work in Hawaii'i? Please visit our recruitment website: http://allarhol.wix.com/uhmrdrecruitment
Assistant Residence Director (ARD)
The Assistant Residence Director is approximated to be a half-time (20 hours per week) graduate student fellowship appointment position. The Assistant Residence Director (ARD) is a member of the Student Housing Services, Residential Life supervising staff and will be expected to uphold and promote the mission, vision, and values of this organization. Student Housing Services (SHS) is a division of the University of Hawaii, Manoa (UHM); Office of Student Affairs (OSA) and is a multifaceted organization involving both internal and external campus stakeholders, such as students, staff, faculty, and parents. The Assistant Residence Director may have responsibilities, under the supervision of a Residence Director (RD) and/or an Assistant Director (AD), in the management and supervision of a residence hall/complex.
The Resident Assistant (RA) is responsible for working closely with other Student Housing Services staff members to develop and maintain positive residential communities. The RA role encompasses programming, administrative and student development responsibilities and, as such, requires flexibility from the individual in this position. The RA serves as a resource to residential students and promotes the values of the office of Student Housing Services.
Residential Life Mission and Vision
The mission of Residential Life is to support the academic and personal success of our students through leadership development, residential learning programs, partnerships with parents & families, and connections with campus and community resources.
By utilizing the guiding principles listed below, Residential Life will be a strong contributor to the University of Hawaii at Manoa and Student Housing Services missions.
- Maintaining a positive attitude in our interaction with all people with whom we come in contact;
- Supporting retention though intentional academic and social programming, leadership development, and fostering meaningful connections to the campus community;
- Continuous evolution of services through responsible stewardship of resources and critical evaluation and assessment to meet the dynamic needs of our students;
- Cultivating a strong sense of “UH Pride;”
- Supporting an understanding, celebration, and respect of the diverse cultures within the Hawaiian Islands;
- Establishing an environment where ALL students feel welcomed, valued, and safe;
- Empowering our students to be positive conduits of change through personal responsibility and advocacy;
- Valuing personal rights and recognizing the responsibilities that support human dignity and civility within the campus community;
- Maintaining a strong partnership with parents and families to enhance the holistic development of our students;
- Encouraging students to respect and take pride in their environment;
- Conducting all aspects of our work in a manner that is student centered;
- Promoting global citizenship through life-long learning opportunities.
Residential Life Values
- ALOHA - Respect, Compassion, Empathy
- MĀLAMA - To care for; to maintain, to protect
- KULEANA - Privilege, Responsibility, Obligation
- `OHANA - UH Community, Department, Units
- PO`OKELA - Excellence, Achievements, Outstanding
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution