All residents will have to provide their own CATV cables
For your TV to connect the the cable TV system you will need a 75 ohm RG-6 CATV cable. It must have an F-type connector which will connect your TV to the wall jack.
We suggest 6 feet for all residence halls and bedrooms and 15 feet for living rooms in the apartments.
The Voice/Data/CATV Jacks
Be sure you plug the correct cable into the correct port in the new jacks. Plugging your phone cable in the data port will damage the port and you may be held responsible for damaging the port. The following picture illustrates the proper placement of Telephone, Internet, and Cable TV cables:
Cable TV Problems:
Physical cable TV jack problems (jack pushed in or out of the box) should be reported to ResNet support at (808) 956-6800, M-F 9AM-5PM.
You may also submit a pilikia and select category: Resnet -> TV -> Broken TV Jack
Problems with your network connection should be reported to ResNet support at (808) 956-6800, M-F 10AM-6PM.
Problems with your phone line should be reported to the operator by dialing zero on your phone. If you are unable to use your phone go to your building front desk and call from that phone. Operator hours are normal business days, M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM. To allow a phone technician into your room you are required to fill out a form available at the front desk.
Phone service is not included but are available upon request and require a one-time activation fee. The following rules apply:
- There will be a fee of $19 per activation per academic year that will be charged to your student housing account.
- No refunds or credit will be given once the activation request is submitted.
- If you transfer to another room you will need to submit a new service request and a new payment of $19.
- Phone numbers are assigned to the room and cannot be transferred between rooms.
- Phone number will be tentative until activation, after which you will be contacted with the permanent number.
- At the end of the academic year, phone service will automatically be terminated. If you wish to continue your service into the next academic year, please submit a new request at least 3 weeks prior to the end of the year.
- These phone lines can dial local numbers only.
- Phone unit is not provided.
- Bring student ID when turning in completed form.
If you are interested in this service you may fill in a Student Housing Phone Service Request at the Resnet Computer Lab during regular office hours (M-F 9AM-5PM excluding holidays).
Long-distance calls may be made by using a phone card.