Academic Year 2017-2018 Priorities
University of Hawaii at Manoa Student Housing Services Assignment Priorities (approved 5/2/12)
Student Housing Services provides all current 2016-2017 academic school year in good financial and judicial standing residents the ability to reapply for housing for Academic Year 2017-2018 as part of a formal renewal process. After this renewal process is completed in Spring 2017, the following assignment priorities will be used to determine housing allotments for academic year housing applications. To ensure an application is eligible for priority consideration, housing applications must be submitted AND the university’s partial tuition payment requirement must be paid by May 1, 2017.
1st Priority- Reserved Spaces
1st priority for housing space is given to students in special categories established by the university that meet programmatic, educational and campus-wide goals such as Regent and Presidential Scholars, student athletes, National Student Exchange Program, special needs, and College Opportunities Program. Additionally, space is allotted to Residential Learning Programs.
2nd Priority- New Students to the Manoa Campus
2nd priority for housing space is given to new students to the Manoa campus. New students will be offered contracts in the following order:
- Traditional freshmen resident and non-resident students confirmed to attend UHM who graduated from high school in the spring prior to the fall 2017 semester. (Traditional freshmen that apply by housing application deadline and meet the university’s partial tuition payment requirement are guaranteed fall housing.)
- First-year undergraduate transfer students confirmed to attend UHM.
3rd Priority- Non-traditional freshmen and current UH Manoa Students that did not live on
Applicants in this category will be offered contracts in the following order:
- Students whose permanent residences are on the neighboring-islands.
- Students whose permanent residences are in the following towns: Kahuku, Waialua, Nanakuli to Makaha, Laie, Haleiwa, and Hauula.
- Students whose permanent residences are in the following towns: Wahiawa, Kapolei, and Kaaawa.
- Students whose permanent residences are in the mainland and foreign countries.
- Students whose permanent residences are in the following towns: Mililani, Kunia, and Ewa Beach.
- Students whose permanent residences are in the following towns: Waipahu and Waimanalo.
- Students whose permanent residences are in the following towns: Pearl City, Kaneohe, and Kailua.
- Students whose permanent residence is in Aiea.
- Students whose permanent residences are located in the City of Honolulu (all zip codes beginning with 968__)
4th Priority- Late Applications
Applications received by the Student Housing Services office beginning May 1, 2017 will be considered late and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Additionally, students that fail to accept contracts and wish to still be considered for housing will be assigned on a first come, first served basis as part of the 4th priority group. An additional $25.00 reactivation fee will be required.
· The priority process for Graduate and Family housing spaces will run independently of the standard process but will follow the above priority order.
· While Student Housing Services priority is to UH-Manoa students first, Student Housing Services reserves the right to offer bed spaces to other groups not listed in the priorities after the UH-Manoa waitlist is exhausted. These groups include but are limited to UH community college students and conference groups.