History Major Student Learning Outcomes
Courses taken in the Department of History at the University of Hawaii at Manoa offer students an opportunity to learn a particular set of skills, called Student Learning Outcomes. Below you'll find the Student Learning Outcomes for courses in the Department of History
- Students can explain historical change and continuity.
- Students can develop a clear argument using recognized historical methods.
- Students can write clear expository prose and present their ideas orally according to disciplinary conventions.
- Students can interpret and use primary sources.
- Students can identify the main historiographical issues in a specific area of concentration