Over the legislative session, HEPC provides testimony on bills that are pertinent to education issues.
- HB 96- Ombudsman for the University of Hawai’i
- HB 555- Relating to Economic Development
- HB 811- Funding for two new Graduate Students for HEPC
- SB 900 – Relating to Biliteracy
Over the course of the legislative session, HEPC will update this section with helpful information regarding:
The Hawaii State Legislature website offers many opportunities for engaged community members to follow the progress of the legislative session:
- The legislative calendar outlines important dates, including crossovers, deadlines, and recesses.
- The list of committees provides users with links to the actual committee pages which showcase committee members and upcoming measures.
- If you register with the Hawaii State Legislature website, you can receive hearing notices via email, follow measures, and easily submit testimony.