The Big Picture
- The Condition of Education 2013, by Susan Aud, National Center for Education Statistics; Amy Rathbun, Sidney Flicker-Wilkinson, Paul Kristapovich, Xiaolei Wang Jijun Zhang, American Institutes for Research; and Liz Notter, Synergy Enterprises, Inc, May 2013.
- Promoting Consumption at School: Health Threats Associated with Schoolhouse Commercialism—The Fifteenth Annual Report on Schoolhouse Commercializing Trends: 2011-2012, by Alex Molnar, Faith Boninger, Michael D. Harris and Ken M. Libby, University of Colorado Boulder; Joseph Fogarty, Corballa National School, County Sligo, Ireland, April 2013.
- The Nation’s Report Card: Mega-States: An Analysis of Student Performance in the Five Most Heavily Populated States in the Nation, by the National Center for Education Statistics, February 2013.
- State Education Agencies’ Acquisition and Use of Research Knowledge for School Improvement, by Diane Massell, University of Michigan; Margaret E. Goertz, University of Pennsylvania; Carol A. Barnes, University of Michigan, November 2012.
- Degrees of Debt: Student Loan Repayment of Bachelor’s Degree Recipients 1 Year After Graduating: 1994, 2001, and 2009 by Jennie J. Woo, RTI International. From the National Center on Educational Statistics, October 2013.
- Transforming Data to Information in Service of Learning, by Christine Fox, Dian Schaffhauser, Geoff Fletcher, and Douglas Levin, State Educational Technology Directors Association, May 2013.
- A Statement Concerning Public Policy, by the Gordon Commission on the Future of Assessment in Education, March 2013.
- An Ocean of Unknowns: Risks and Opportunities in Using Student Achievement Data to Evaluate PreK-3rd Grade Teachers, by Laura A. Bornfreund, Early Education Initiative at the New America Foundation, May 2013.
- State Pre-K Funding: 2012-13 School Year, by Michael Griffith, Education Commission of the States, April 2013.
- Kindergarten Policy Characteristics, by Emily Workman, Education Commission of the States, March 2013.
- Abbott Preschool Program Longitudinal Effects Study: Fifth Grade Follow-Up, by W. Steven Barnett, Kwanghee Jung, Min-Jong Youn, National Institute for Early Education Research; Ellen C. Frede, Acelero, Inc., March 2013.
- Vocabulary Instruction in Commonly Used Kindergarten Core Reading Curricula, by Tanya S. Wright and Susan B. Neuman, March 2013.
- Preschool Education and Its Lasting Effects: Research and Policy Implications, by W. Steven Barnett, Education and the Public Interest Center & Education Policy Research Unit, September 2008.
- Cost and Financial Aid Increasingly Influences Student’s Choice of College; A higher education study from UCLA
- Revenues and Expenditures for Public Elementary and Secondary School Districts: School Year 2009-10 (Fiscal Year 2010), by Stephen Q. Cornman, National Center for Education Statistics, April 2013.
- Recent Deep State Higher Education Cuts May Harm Students and the Economy for Years to Come, by Phil Oliff, Vincent Palacios, Ingrid Johnson, and Michael Leachman, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, March 2013.
- State Higher Education Finance FY 2012, by the State Higher Education Executive Officers, March 2013.
STEM/Career and Technical Education
- High-Quality Service-Learning Opens the Door for Students’ Entry into STEM Fields, by Paul Baumann, Education Commission of the States, May 2013.
- Career/Technical Education, by Jennifer Dounay Zinth, Education Commission of the States, February 2013.
- Building a Grad Nation: Progress and Challenge in Ending the High School Dropout Epidemic, by Robert Balfanz, John M. Bridgeland, Mary Bruce, and Joanna Hornig Fox, February 2013.
- Modeling Entrance into STEM Fields of Study Among Students Beginning at Community Colleges and Four-Year Institutions, by Xueli Wang, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2013.