- Public Charter School Success: A Summary of the Current Research on Public Charters’ Effectiveness at Improving Student Achievement by the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, April 2013.
- Education’s Fiscal Cliff, Real or Perceived? Public Education Funding During the Economic Downturn and the Impact on Public Charter Schools (DRAFT) by Larry Maloney, Meagan Batdorff, Jay May, and Michelle Terrell, April 2013. Accessed from the Walton Family Foundation website.
- Governance in the charter school sector: Time for a reboot (6 pp, 532 KB, PDF), by Adam Emerson, March 28, 2013. Accessed from the Thomas B. Fordham Institute website.
- Back to School Tallies: Estimated Number of Public Charter Schools & Students, 2012-2013, by the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, January 2013.
- Spending by the Major Charter Management Organizations: Comparing Charter School and Local Public District Financial Resources in New York, Ohio, and Texas, by Bruce D. Baker (Rutgers University), Ken Libby and Kathryn Wiley (University of Colorado), May 2012. Accessed from the National Education Policy Center.
- Charter School Funding: Inequity Persists, by Meagan Batdorff, Larry Maloney, Jay May, Daniela Doyle, and Bryan Hassel, May 2010.