Please read through the following instructions before submitting your paper.
- Paper Preparation
- Please prepare your initial paper using the APA style or Chicago style
- Please do not list authors’ names on the paper submission as we use a double-blind paper evaluation process
- Be sure the paper contains original material. Papers should not have been published previously
- Please submit your paper as a PDF to EasyChair
- The paper submission deadline is August 15, 2020
- You can submit two papers at maximum. Submissions of more than two papers may lead to rejection of all papers.
- Acceptance/rejection notifications will be sent out by September 29, 2020
- Please contact us at email@example.com immediately if you don’t receive your notification by October 1, 2020
- Revisions: In rare cases, a paper may require revisions for final consideration. In such cases:
- Please resubmit the revised paper to EasyChair by October 10, 2020
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you haven’t received a decision regarding the revised paper by October 21, 2020
Each author of concurrent papers will have 20 minutes for presentation, which is followed by 10 minutes of discussion and 5 minutes of Q&A. However, moderators and/or track chairs may adjust this allocation as they see appropriate.
HARC will provide two 24″ X 48″ areas and necessary pins to display posters. Therefore, each paper will have equivalent to 48″ X 48″ (1.22 X 1.22 meters) area to use. Each person will also be assigned a table and two chairs.
COVID-19 and HARC-2021
Although we anticipate that HARC-2021 will take place in Honolulu in-person, if COVID-19 makes in-person conference impossible, all presentations and discussions will move to online platforms. In this case, all conference participants will receive a 50% refund of their registration fees, unless they decide to withdraw their papers/registrations entirely. If participants decide to withdraw their papers/registrations entirely, we will refund the registration fee, net of 5% (for credit card and other processing fees). Refund checks will be issued in the US Dollar and may take up to two months to process.
Submissions may address any accounting topics, including, but not limited to:
Accounting Information Systems (including topics about technology in accounting)
Management Accounting I: Executive Compensation/Corporate Governance
Management Accounting II: Cost behavior and other management accounting issues
International accounting (Including IFRS)
Financial Accounting 1: Stock analysts/equity valuation
Financial Accounting 2: Disclosure
Financial Accounting 3: Determinants and consequences of financial reporting attributes
Financial Accounting 4: Accounting issues related to labor, politics, and environments
Financial Accounting 5: Earnings management
Financial Accounting 6: Bank
Financial Accounting 7: Debt market research (including credit ratings/Debt contracts)
Financial Accounting 8: Investor relations/Regulations /IPO/M&As/ Pension accounting
Financial Accounting 9: Fair value accounting/ Intangible assets/innovations
Other accounting issues