Training & Technical Assistance
As a resource to the community, Hā Kūpuna offers training and technical assistance in the areas of long-term care and family caregiving for Native Hawaiian elders. Hā Kūpuna is committed to the training of the next generation of gerontologists to ensure expertise in working with Native Hawaiian elders.
There are five current projects:
- ALU LIKE, Inc.: Consultation and assistance with staff education and training, and grant development
- Papakōlea Community Association: Technical assistance in Hā Kūpuna data dissemination on healthy aging, and training of nursing and social work students placed at Papakōlea
- Hālau Kū Māna. Consultation and training, action‐oriented research for/with youth and kūpuna.
- KEY Project: Technical assistance in Hā Kūpuna data dissemination on healthy aging.
- Hawai`i Health Aging Partnership: Technical assistance with replication and evaluation of evidenced‐based health promotion program for older adults on all islands.
- Executive Office on Aging. Training to State Policy Advisory for Elderly Affairs (PABEA) on Native Hawaiian elder health.
- Los Angeles and San Diego Civic Clubs. Education and dissemination of research findings on healthy aging.