What is WICHE and what states qualify for WRGP?
UHM participates in the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP), administered by the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE). The program enables legal residents of WICHE member states to enroll in selected out-of-state graduate programs at Hawai‘i resident tuition rates. Below is a list of WICHE member states.
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Do all University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa graduate programs qualify for WRGP?
No. Not all of the graduate programs qualify for WRGP. A comprehensive list of the active WRGP graduate programs are listed below.
What are the eligibility requirements for this tuition benefit?
- You must apply for admissions consideration to one of the participating WRGP graduate programs at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (link above).
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher from your Bachelor’s degree institution.
- You must be a legal resident of one of the participating WICHE approved states (list of states is mentioned above). This is determined from the residency declaration that you fill out at the time of admissions application.
- The WRGP tuition benefit must be awarded at the time of admissions and will be noted on your official letter of admissions issued by the Graduate Division Student Services Office. It cannot be converted once the first day of your first semester starts as a new graduate student at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa.