All major modifications in graduate programs require advance approval of the Graduate Council. Minor program modifications, such as changing or substituting a course, may be approved by the Office of Graduate Education. To request approval on program modifications, submit a memo to the Associate Graduate Dean. The memo should explain and justify the rationale behind any program or course modification. The following outlines the administrative procedure for modifying graduate programs:
- Modification proposed by graduate program
- Review and endorsement by department chair
- Review and endorsement by college dean
- Review and endorsement by Graduate Council
- Review and endorsement by Office of Graduate Education
- Review and endorsement by Vice Chancellor for Research
- Review and endorsement by Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, who in turn informs the President and the Board of Regents.