All major modifications in graduate programs require a recommendation for approval by the Graduate Council and Office of Graduate Education. Minor program modifications, such as changing or substituting a course, will be recommended for approval by the Office of Graduate Education and then routed for approval by the VCAA.
To request approval for program modifications, submit a memo addressed to the VCAA via the Dean of Graduate Education, via the college/school Dean, via the Department Chair, and from the Graduate Chair. Please allow time for the approval process before changes are to take effect. No changes should take effect prior to receipt of the approved copy. The memo should clearly explain and justify the rationale behind any request to modify a program of study. Include what the current program looks like and what the proposed program would look like, if approved.
The following outlines the administrative procedure for major modifications to graduate programs:
- Modification proposed by graduate program
- Review and endorsement by department chair
- Review and endorsement by college dean
- Review and endorsement by Graduate Council
- Review and endorsement by Office of Graduate Education
- Review and endorsement by Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, who in turn informs the President and the Board of Regents.