Dual Degrees at UHM
Official “dual degrees” at UHM allow applicants to apply and enroll in two graduate programs simultaneously. Applicants interested in applying to the following “dual degrees” submit separate applications to each of the two programs in the intended dual degree:
- business administration & civil and environmental engineering
- business administration & nursing
- business administration & public health
- library and information science & American studies
- library and information science & Asian studies
- library and information science & educational technology
- library and information science & computer science
- library and information science & history
- library and information science & Pacific Islands studies
Dual Degree with Law or Medicine at UHM
An applicant who intends to pursue a joint degree with law or medicine applies separately to the graduate program and the professional school. To apply to the law school, contact the William S. Richardson School of Law. To apply to the medical school, contact the John A. Burns School of Medicine.
Dual Degree with Law at UHM
Simultaneous admission to a graduate program and the law school is not permitted, because the first year of law school is a prescribed curriculum. A current UHM graduate student must complete at least one semester of graduate course work before starting law school. A current law student must complete the first year of law school before starting a graduate program. The following graduate programs offer official dual degrees with the law school:
Applicants interested in any other dual degree with law should check with the respective graduate program and the law school to discuss degree requirements, tuition assessment, and potential financial aid issues.
Dual Degree with Medicine
For information about the joint degree with medicine, contact the UHM medical school.